Monday, February 2, 2009

Cooking Dinner's the ole Fashioned way

Well, tonight for supper I had planned on making deer meat, mashed potato's homemade biscuits, and homemade gravy. I was getting ready to go peel my tators, and got to thinking.. Alot of women in todays generation has not ever learned how to cook from scratch.

I picked it up at an early age, cause my momma is a wonderful cook, and makes everything from scratch. Then when I married my husband, his granny, whom I have adopted as my own granny now, also is a wonderful cook, and a excellent baker.. She has taught me how to make all my desserts from scratch, everything from all sorts of homemade pies, all the way up to cakes from scratch. I can make anything you ask for, from scratch thanks to these two wonderful ladies in my life. Thats a trait I realize alot of women did not get growing up. So, why am I telling you all this?? Well, I want to pass along my cooking skills to anyone that would like to learn. Send me an email, and I can send you fail proof recipes for what ever it is you want to make.

My family rave and beg for my homemade dishes, because other than my mother, noone else in my family makes anything homemade, its all from scratch, and my momma even begs me for my chicken and dumplins, and my homemade desserts.

So I am off to my new kitchen to make my first pan of homemade biscuits and get the potato's peeled for tonights dinner.. If you decide you want to know more about homemade meals, meals that stick to your ribs and don't break the bank, shoot me an email at wendygambler@hotmail.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with your recipes for good wholesome food for might near nothing.

3 comments:

  1. How about sharing your chicken & dumpling recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most certainly will. I do not measure things to make my dumplins.. but I will try to tell you round about how much.. Thanks for the request.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook pretty simple and I'm not too good at just throwing stuff together myself. And don't ask about what flavors I taste in something...it just tastes good or bad. LOL. Bring on the recipes!

    ReplyDelete