Friday, February 13, 2009

Church Dinner Ideas

So this Sunday my church is having a dinner for the pastor cause its his birthday. Well I love to cook, and bake, and love to do it all from scratch, but I need to take something that reheats well, because we always have sunday school and church before the dinner. Well I was thinking about making my new fav recipe of homemade meatballs with rice and mushroom gravy.. but I need to take something else with it. Now everyone always makes the usual side, corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, so I am wanting to make something that others do not usually think of, and that will of course reheat well. I was thinking about doing some sort of casserole side dish, but then I thought, sheesh, bout the only ones I know how to make are hashbrown casserole and sweet potato casserole, neither would go well with the meatballs. So my question to you guys is... what else could I take? Do you have an awesome recipe that you would not mind giving me for a totally awesome tasty side dish? I just want his meal for his birthday to be special, as we have one of the best, most kind hearted preachers a church could ask for. So hows bout it? Can ya give me some ideas here? Please

No comments:

Post a Comment